This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello all

We explored OpenERP 7. After some actions, Install, uninstall, we missed the icons on the app screen......

Only the standard cube is there, the name and the install button. We miss the colored icon!

All tries like reinstall of the software, reload the data base, brings the same result.

Any help or hint is much appreciated.

Thank's

Discard

Confirming the same issue continues with the nightly build on 2014SEPT12 Icons are missing for apps

(See also this comment posted as another question: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/app-icons-missing-solved-62601)

Best Answer

This was caused by an issue on the Odoo Apps server (apps.odoo.com), from which the icons (and apps) are being rendered (even on your local installations). It should be fixed now if you reload.

Discard

Olivier, so are you saying the icons are not stored local to the server but are served from your apps.odoo.com CDN?

was this fixed today? between the time of my first comment on this post and the new post i opened? if it was fixed earlier than my post on this topic i suggest the other answer may be correct? Thanks Olivier

Yes Daniel, although apps.odoo.com is not a CDN, it's the location from which our Apps are loaded (even in local deployments) when you go to the Settings/Apps menu. This allows searching and installing community modules from the complete Apps Library (remove the "Featured" filter). Local modules are in Settings/Installed Modules and those are served locally. We fixed the problem today on Apps, a couple of minutes before my answer.

Thanks so much, can you delete my other post so as not to cause confusion. i" leave you alone for the rest of the day. best, daniel

Best Answer

Hi Bruno.
I had the same problem last week. The problem still persist in my openerp 7 now.
Finally, after many manipulations, i think that the problem is not in our machine but in openerp server module.
Best regards

Discard

Indeed... there is something wrong, even in the web page :( http://i.imgur.com/VDlQH5y.png