This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I played around with odoo 9 restaurant modules and tried to use bill of materials in order to have some recipes, that could allow for ingredient control or with that stock management. Unfortunately there seems to be no way to automatically start a manufacturing process in the meaning, that an ingredient is reduced from stock, any time a meal (for example pizza) is sold via pos terminal.  I guess that is also the reason, why there is actually not a single success story of an restaurant or place serving immediately or prepared or assembled products (and not just stored products like in retail) until now. Please prove that I am wrong or stop promoting this irritating news, that there is some integration. 

Discard

Thats completely irrelevant, Ermin until your system does not give you a glance by what percentage you are stolen. I am not talking about Mc-Donalds and Starbucks who have money to use Micros for many other reasons, but only here in Mexico City there are more then 3000 smaller places suffering that issue. Its also just not true to say you have stock control, if you just automatically trigger some request. If you sell pizza, you want your chef to prepare that stuff a.s.a.p, he is not pulling out a request for someone to run to the next supermarket to get an ingredient, he also has not time making 5 clicks in a 4 step standard workflow in order to get 200g flour out of stock (what should not be his task in the first place) If you manage a restaurant, you care anything, but firstaful its totally relevant, if all your stock was used to sell 1 pizza or 15 pizzas. Would be nice to see a little more honesty and not first just big slides about functionality, that actually gets launched half a year later and just does not fulfill what its suggest.

Well, accidentally I have some experience in the restaurant business in Europe, unfortunately not in Mexico City. In Europe at least, controlling the stock of flour is a minor problem. Also, integrated automatic ingredients stock management functionality is not at all common for restaurant POS systems. And it was and is never promoted by Odoo in that way, so there is nothing irritating at all. It definitely does not justify such a subjective rant. Management by total control and surveillance costs money and efforts, but I'm sure using Odoo it costs less than Micros. Back to objectivity, please check my amended answer.

Best Answer

As long as you do not run a McDonalds, integrated stock management for ingredients is most probably the last problem you need to have covered to run a restaurant. Possible Exception: when you serve wines and spirits by the glass. So this is for sure not the reason for missing restaurant success stories, there are issues of higher priority, such as for example how to present your menu and winelist on the website with different sales units (starter, main dish, beverage quantities), different sales channels and prices (served in the restaurant, home delivery, room service), legal requirements (food regulations), display of opening hours (hot meals, restaurant, bar) etc. which need to be addressed first, be it by customization or by developing additional features. Or features like occasionally joining tables in the table management.

However, it is possible to automatically launch manufacturing orders from POS, Ray Carnes has provided a solution in this post: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/launch-automatic-mrp-orders-after-selling-from-pos-59046

Second step would be the automatic execution of manufacturing orders. If this should not be possible by means of proper customizing, I'm sure it would need only manageable developing efforts to achieve this goal.

Discard