This question has been flagged

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for adopting OpenERP v7 in my company, especially considering that we work by project and we need a way to plan our work.

So far I've seen strange things happen in OpenERP and I wonder what I'm doing wrong or if it's just a software problem:

• When I set a working time for a Human Resource that will work in a phase, the automatic scheduler will completely ignore it and schedule the resource based on a default working time (9-13 / 14-18).

• Instead, when I set my custom working time in the project itself (in which there is the phase I want to schedule) it works ALMOST correctly: if I set 8:30-12:30 the scheduler will consider 9:30-13:30 instead! Everything is translated by an hour in all the tests I've made.

• After all this, the Gantt view of the project differs from the real time scheduled. Example: the phase should happen between 14:00 and 18:00 of the first day and 15 minutes of the second day (8:30-8:45) for a total of 4.25 hours; on the Gantt view the phase bar is completely inside the first day and it doesn't touch the second one; if I put the mouse cursor on it, it says that it lasts 6.25 hours!

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help.

P.S. I've tried OpenERP v8 to check if this thing still happens, and it does!

Discard
Author

Someone has told me that there is something wrong about the time zone management. I haven't tried though.