Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Advanced Search: How to remove fields?

By
Rajkumar
on 5/23/14, 5:42 AM 2,998 views

Advanced Search shows all the fields, I want to remove some fields

give me your suggestions or procedures

@Rajkumar, Is there any progress with this question? I am facing a similar problem too. If yes, please update your solution

Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
on 7/30/14, 1:50 AM

Leonardo Donelli

--Leonardo Donelli--
| 5 4 8
Cave, Italy
--Leonardo Donelli--

Physics student and part-time developer.

Leonardo Donelli
On 11/13/14, 7:46 AM

I implemented this for one of my customers who wanted to show fields in the advanced search of products according to the product category defined in context.

The advanced search widget doesn't show fields with the option selectable = False, as you can see here. Unfortunately I didn't find a way that worked to set that option for the field, and I needed it to be a dynamic option (according to some value in context in my case) anyway, so I did it by inheriting fields_get of the model, call the super method which will return a dict of fields with their options, and then add the option selectable=False to the fields I wanted to hide. For example:

def fields_get(self, cr, uid, fields=None, context=None): fields_to_hide = ['description_sale', 'reference'] # you can set this dynamically res = super(product_product, self).fields_get(cr, uid, fields, context) for field in fields_to_hide: res[field]['selectable'] = False return res

I hope it's clear.

NOTE:
This code works only if your OpenERP/Odoo branch revision is later than this revision

- server: xal@openerp.com-20131218111214-543cjhkp6k0steyi
- web: xal@openerp.com-20131218113547-myl7eihvw5vbzkaa

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+bug/1114949

zxf
On 11/13/14, 5:06 AM

Set field groups to hide it.

fields.Char(groups="base.group_system")

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

5 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/23/14, 5:42 AM
Seen: 2998 times
Last updated: 6/23/16, 6:11 AM