This question has been flagged

Hi all, 

Firstly, please excuse my lack of knowledge with Odoo, i am a complete newbie. 

My issue is that when i am creating a repair quotation, my company address (which is on the left under the header) is repeating underneath it, which cuts the bottom line of the address out. Also, to the right of that but slightly below is my customers address, which seems to be cut off from the top. It's difficult to explain without being able to upload a screenshot (is there a way i can upload a screenshot)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Andy.

Edit: as you can see my company address is repeated and also cut off at the top, as is my customers address (please excuse the censorship).I have tried changing the layout and paper format in the quotation layout setting which has helped with the cut off address, but now no customer name or address is on the repair quotation.

Please see link for screenshot:

https://paste.pics/fc043df1d9508fe7c0df42683934cb14

Discard

Hi Andy: You can edit your question and paste the screenshot in it using Ctrl+V.

Author

Thanks for your help, though i am getting a 403 error when trying to save the changes.

Best Answer

Hi Andy:

The default template used for the report is causing the issue. If you have a Street2 in your company address, it is causing the height of the header to increase and overlap the page in the report.

Solution: Customize the report to match your requirements or move the Street2 into the Street field of the Address.

I was able to replicate your issue using the demo data. Screenshots have been provided below for your reference.

Report without Street2 in the Address 

The same Report with Street2 in the Address - I moved the "Suite 3400" part of the Address to Street2 before generating the report 

EDIT:

If you have administrator access in Odoo, you can customize the paper format used by the report and increase the size of the top margin to meet your needs. The steps are as follows:

1. Activate developer mode by going to Settings > General Settings, scrolling all the way down and clicking on Activate the developer mode 

2. Go to Settings > Technical > Reporting > Paper Format 

3. Click on either A4 or US Letter depending on the standard paper size you use. This will open that format in the form view.

4. Select Action > Duplicate and change the Name to something that is unique and easily identifiable. For example, A4 - Repairs.

5. You will need to experiment with the value in the Top Margin (mm) field by increasing it to get the exact fit. You can also reduce the Bottom Margin (mm) to make more space for the content.

6. In the Associated reports field select Quotation / Order. If you see more than one, you will have to select them by trial and error i.e. select one, regenerate the output and see if there was a change in the output. If not, go back and select the other one and regenerate the output and verify. This setting ensures that this custom format is used for this output only.

Here's a screenshot of what the custom paper format settings may look like after making your changes.

Discard
Author

Thank you for going to so much effort, its really appreciated. Could you tell me how to do that please? Sorry, I'm new to this. I've spent many hours playing around with the settings etc but i'm just chasing my tail now.

I'm running V13.0 if that helps.

Author

Ok guys, sorry, i know im being a pain.. but i have now found a better, more suited layout, all i need is the customers address or even just customer name and company name put in somewhere. Could you please tell me how to do this? Failing that, an answer to my previous question would be greatly appreciated to.

Please see link below.

Many thanks

https://paste.pics/ba6c9375da3278b4f2e8a84680d531c3

Author

By the way, that's the address in the top right corner.

Hi Andy: I have edited my earlier answer and added steps to customize the paper format which will help you fix this issue.

Author

Thank you so much Paresh, that has worked and now it looks fantastic. Do you know how i can remove the tax column please? Last question, i promise!

Are you familiar with report customization ?

Author

i'm afraid not, no.

Best Answer

You'll have to check your margins on your paper format and have a look at the repair order QWeb view in order to adapt your template. Where to find these depends on your Odoo version.

Discard
Author

Ok guys, sorry, i know im being a pain.. but i have now found a better, more suited layout, all i need is the customers address or even just customer name and company name put in somewhere. Could you please tell me how to do this? Failing that, an answer to my previous question would be greatly appreciated to.

Please see link below.

Many thanks

https://paste.pics/ba6c9375da3278b4f2e8a84680d531c3