Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

--addons path Problem

By
othmane
on 1/15/15, 11:01 AM 3,053 views

I created the folder in training openerp / addons and 4 file (init, openerp, training.py, and XML), and when I run the server with the camande "./openerp-server - addons-path = .. / openerp / addons "  it does not work,
there is a solution?

Thanx

Is it v7 or ODOO?

Kazim Mirza
on 1/15/15, 11:05 AM

it s odoo 8

othmane
on 1/15/15, 11:07 AM
Kazim Mirza
On 1/15/15, 11:11 AM

Hello Othmane 

You need to give addons path like below.

python odoo.py --addons addons

Because you have put your module inside odoo/openerp/addons so from above code you can get all modules.

But if you have a diffrent modules path so you have to do :

if your module is in folder_a/modules

python odoo.py --addons addons,../../folder_a/modules

Hope that this answer will help you.

Please don't hesitate to ask any question regarding this.

Thank You

Martin Temmink
On 1/15/15, 4:14 PM

Make sure that the addons directory you created is also readable by the odoo (openerp) server. On unix system you can do this by:

chown -R odoo:odoo /opt/odoo/custom/addons

replace the odoo:odoo with the user and group information the server is running under. Also adjust the path to yours.

othmane
On 1/15/15, 11:20 AM

Thank you Kazim, but it doesnt work :)

Can you send the error text?

Kazim Mirza
on 1/15/15, 11:21 AM

odoo.py --addons addons work, but when i use python odoo.py --addons addons,../../folder_a/modules dont work, and this is the error Usage: odoo.py [options] odoo.py: error: option --addons-path: no such directory: '../addons/Mylibrary2'

othmane
on 1/15/15, 11:30 AM

Right now your module is in odoo/openerp/addons directory so you just need to put "odoo.py --addons addons" and update module list with technical setting.

Kazim Mirza
on 1/15/15, 11:38 AM

ok i will see :)

othmane
on 1/15/15, 11:43 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/15/15, 11:01 AM
Seen: 3053 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM