This question has been flagged
1 Reply

With OpenERP 7 (7.0-20130214-002355) one can use an IBAN number for the bank account. But I've been asked to include additional fields for the SWIFT Code, Sort Code and Account Number on our invoices.

Although res_partner_bank has acc_number and bank_bic there doesn't seem to be scope for those additional fields.

• Am I missing them?
  • Should I make my own customisation for this?
  • Would other people find those of value .. therefore should I create a bug report and get those additional fields added into the trunk/v7?
Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

Well this point is not well polished. In fact most of the information you need are present in the res.bank object related to res.partner.bank.

My opinion is that the res.bank model was desing as an auto completion utils for the res.partner.bank model. But in the code there is still places where the res.bank data are directly used.

If you can retrieve all informations from res.bank object it's nice, else I would suggest you to customize at least res.bank but ideally res.partner.bank that use res.bank as an auto completion tool and extends the on change.

Discard
Author

Nope, very little of the information I need is in res_bank. There is a field bic, there is nothing for the Sort Code, the SWIFT Code or the Account Number.

But I think I do need to have some consideration of where stuff goes .. res_partner_bank still seems to be a likely candidate.