This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello, i've a problem when i try to create a custom field in a custom module. I create a custom field through GUI ( x_niu ) and when I want to show at the view, for example, sale.order.form displays the following message : Fields ' x_niu ' does not exist. Always when I make a change in Odoo, i restart the service.The field appears in the sale.order model but not in the view.

Please need help. I'm a newbie in Odoo and i don't understand why i can't to create this custom fields and show it in one view.

Thanks for your time and dedication

Sorry for the inconvenience

Discard
Best Answer

What's the difference, if you know what you doing .... I see no difference. But in your case you must be sure where this field is created in which model. For example if as you said sale.order.form, field you creating must be related to the sale_order. If not you will not be able to show it.
So PY don't say it's wrong you can use either custom module or create fields inside odoo using GUI :)

Discard
Best Answer

If you can restart the service, that means you have access to the server files. So why not create a custom module, instead of creating fields through the gui ? There you go

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/8.0/howtos/backend.html#build-an-odoo-module

Discard