Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Adding new fields to existing custom module gives error 'Field *** does not exist'

By
James Ford
on 2/21/16, 8:59 AM 390 views

Hello, i've a problem when i try to create a custom field in a custom module. I create a custom field through GUI ( x_niu ) and when I want to show at the view, for example, sale.order.form displays the following message : Fields ' x_niu ' does not exist. Always when I make a change in Odoo, i restart the service.The field appears in the sale.order model but not in the view.

Please need help. I'm a newbie in Odoo and i don't understand why i can't to create this custom fields and show it in one view.

Thanks for your time and dedication

Sorry for the inconvenience

Dr Obx
On 2/23/16, 12:05 PM

What's the difference, if you know what you doing .... I see no difference. But in your case you must be sure where this field is created in which model. For example if as you said sale.order.form, field you creating must be related to the sale_order. If not you will not be able to show it.
So PY don't say it's wrong you can use either custom module or create fields inside odoo using GUI :)

PY
On 2/23/16, 8:54 AM

If you can restart the service, that means you have access to the server files. So why not create a custom module, instead of creating fields through the gui ? There you go

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/8.0/howtos/backend.html#build-an-odoo-module

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/21/16, 8:59 AM
Seen: 390 times
Last updated: 2/23/16, 1:11 PM