This question has been flagged
2 Replies

We sell brand new and second hand Mobile phones and I was wondering if Odoo would help me archive this:

Booking in stock

We need to scan mobile phone´s IMEI numbers and print labels with a thermal label printer one by one to identify them with the following info: Employee´s name checking the phone, phone model, status (working/broken), IMEI (serial number), a barcode to identify the phone (ideally IMEI number).

In order to do this, we need a simple book in screen to capture this info with 4 fields (Brand, Model, Status and IMEI number) with a simple sequence:

1. Select a brand

2. Select a model

3. Select a status (working/broken)

4. Enter phone´s IMEI number

5. Print label

...next phone

The problem being is that phones are processed (added to stock) randomly, in other words, we don´t process all iPhone 6 first, then all Samsung Galaxy 4, etc. They are picked up from boxes in a random fashion and, according to what I saw in forums and tutorials, this is not the usual way Odoo adds items to stock.

Reporting & packing lists

Finally, we would need to run stock reports including Qty, brand, model, status, IMEI and employee and be able to move some of them to different stocks (wholesale stock, retail stock, broken stock, etc).

I´ve been looking at different desktop label printing and stock management software that would do the job at a relatively low cost but we are starting to sell online using Magento so it would be good to connect both applications in future to make use of other Odoo´s features which is the reason why I´m writing this post before going down the desktop route.

I´m totally new to Odoo and I´ve just set up a trial account with the warehouse management module installed but I don´t really know where to start and if I would be able to customise the system enough to achieve all this.

Can someone tell me if Odoo can do all this, what features I would be able to have pre-made using Odoo´s apps and what features will need customization or development?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Pablo

Discard

Hi Pablo, yes Odoo can do all this, but need a little customizations in product form to include fields for imei number, status etc. And to print the product label with the information you need.

Author Best Answer

Thank you for your reply. Do you know any company or person who could provide such a customization?

Discard

You should look up an official Odoo partner on Odoo's website. One of them can help you.