Odoo Help

Adding department to HR > Timesheet Activities

By
Aaron J Layfield
on 6/28/15, 8:28 PM 878 views

Hello, 

As part of our business, we need to be able to filter by department when using timesheet activities. 

I've configured this as a field when users are entering their timesheet information. However, editing the User Interface > Views > hr.analytic.timesheet.tree and adding: 

<field name="department_id"/> 

Results in a constraint error. 

Since the information is being entered via the timesheets, I imagine I don't have to add anything to the database. 

Does anyone know what needs to be done to add this column to the 'Timesheet Activities' view? 

Aaron J Layfield
On 6/29/15, 3:58 AM

Hello Serpent Consulting, 

What about adding the 'Department' to the columns views through ? When using either <field name="department"/> or department_id, I get the following constraint: 

Error details:
Field `department_id` does not exist

Is this because the column isn't present in another model/form?     

Aaron,

The  'account.analytic.line.tree' is the Editable list view, And 'account.analytic.line.form' is the form view.

The model is account.analytic.line.

Thanks.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/28/15, 8:28 PM
Seen: 878 times
Last updated: 6/29/15, 3:58 AM