Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Adding department to HR > Timesheet Activities

By
Aaron J Layfield
on 6/28/15, 8:28 PM 578 views

Hello, 

As part of our business, we need to be able to filter by department when using timesheet activities. 

I've configured this as a field when users are entering their timesheet information. However, editing the User Interface > Views > hr.analytic.timesheet.tree and adding: 

<field name="department_id"/> 

Results in a constraint error. 

Since the information is being entered via the timesheets, I imagine I don't have to add anything to the database. 

Does anyone know what needs to be done to add this column to the 'Timesheet Activities' view? 

Aaron J Layfield
On 6/29/15, 3:58 AM

Hello Serpent Consulting, 

What about adding the 'Department' to the columns views through ? When using either <field name="department"/> or department_id, I get the following constraint: 

Error details:
Field `department_id` does not exist

Is this because the column isn't present in another model/form?     

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
On 6/29/15, 2:52 AM

Aaron,

The  'account.analytic.line.tree' is the Editable list view, And 'account.analytic.line.form' is the form view.

The model is account.analytic.line.

Thanks.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/28/15, 8:28 PM
Seen: 578 times
Last updated: 6/29/15, 3:58 AM