This question has been flagged
1 Reply

We accidentally cancelled an entire Incoming Shipment rather than just one of the line items. The Purchase Order is still valid and the goods are still on the way (with the exception of the one line item we meant to cancel). What is the best way to regenerate the Incoming Shipment document or otherwise get back on track? Thanks in advance,

--Kevin

Discard
Best Answer

1) DUPLICATE the Incoming Shipment you cancelled. This option is under the MORE menu on the Incoming Shipment document.

2) CONFIRM it.

3) Go back to the Purchase Order, which will show "Shipping Exception" and click MANUALLY CORRECTED.

Discard
Author

Thanks, Ray. Steps 1 and 2 worked as expected. But the PO doesn't show any shipping exception and no button to Manually Correct, although I seem to recall having seen that button previously at some point. I just don't recall having clicked it... So now I'm to the point that I need to cancel one line then receive everything else. I believe I know how to do this, but I'm not certain that I'm handling it correctly. Would you mind enlightening me accordingly? :) Thanks again!

Just click RECEIVE on the Incoming Shipment, the form that pops up gives you the change to change the quantities and delete line items. Click RECEIVE once the form reflects what actually came in.

Author

That's what I did and all is well. Thanks for the assistance and validation. 'til next time...

My problem about it is the sequence, when i duplicate it, the sequence changes.. What I need is the sequence should not change.

Dear Ray Carnes,

I received all goods. But the state of the PO is still in Shipping Exception. When i click manually corrected button the state of the PO goes to Purchase Confirmed rather than it is expected to go to DONE state.