Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Accidentally cancelled incoming shipment

By
Kevin Sawyer
on 1/28/14, 12:18 PM 1,896 views

We accidentally cancelled an entire Incoming Shipment rather than just one of the line items. The Purchase Order is still valid and the goods are still on the way (with the exception of the one line item we meant to cancel). What is the best way to regenerate the Incoming Shipment document or otherwise get back on track? Thanks in advance,

--Kevin

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 1/28/14, 9:16 PM

1) DUPLICATE the Incoming Shipment you cancelled. This option is under the MORE menu on the Incoming Shipment document.

2) CONFIRM it.

3) Go back to the Purchase Order, which will show "Shipping Exception" and click MANUALLY CORRECTED.

Thanks, Ray. Steps 1 and 2 worked as expected. But the PO doesn't show any shipping exception and no button to Manually Correct, although I seem to recall having seen that button previously at some point. I just don't recall having clicked it... So now I'm to the point that I need to cancel one line then receive everything else. I believe I know how to do this, but I'm not certain that I'm handling it correctly. Would you mind enlightening me accordingly? :) Thanks again!

Kevin Sawyer
on 1/28/14, 9:36 PM

Just click RECEIVE on the Incoming Shipment, the form that pops up gives you the change to change the quantities and delete line items. Click RECEIVE once the form reflects what actually came in.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 1/28/14, 11:57 PM

That's what I did and all is well. Thanks for the assistance and validation. 'til next time...

Kevin Sawyer
on 1/29/14, 1:40 AM

My problem about it is the sequence, when i duplicate it, the sequence changes.. What I need is the sequence should not change.

Lady Sharmane Udtuhan
on 4/26/14, 6:38 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/28/14, 12:18 PM
Seen: 1896 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM