This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi There, I have Open Erp version 7, I've imported my entire company and their contacts into the ERP system as the administrator user. I have created the other users in my company to start using the ERP system, but when logging in as the other users, I notice they cannot see any customers or contacts.

I have looked in : Settings => Technical => Security => Record rules damn piles of them and I'm not sure which to edit and if I need to great a group for "all Staff" and how to get the group to see all companies and contacts. Please help. Many thanks Mark

Discard

How many companies (not customers!) do you have in OpenERP?

Best Answer

Go to Settings->Users. Select the user you want to allow see your customers, Click Edit, the Click the "Access Rights" Tab, and uncheck "Portal".

OpenERP 7 doesn't allow Portal Users to have access to company essential Data which includes its customer(and/or suppliers).

Discard

Good answer!

Good point, you are right. This is completer counter intuitive... For me, unchecking portal would mean no more access!

Best Answer

i do not why but when you give rights to a user in the user access tab, there is no any result. i had to go to settings --> security --> res.partner company and add the group sales manager manualy also i added the same to all leads it is embarassing but is seems the setting do pass to the record rules. some kind of bug

Discard