Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Access origin sale.order information in inherited account.invoice

By
NSC
on 1/10/14, 12:51 PM 2,419 views

Can anybody explain me how I can access the sale.order model from my inherited account.invoice report?

What I need is especially order date...

paul
On 1/11/14, 1:23 PM

As mentioned by S. LE Gal the ORM link doesn't exist between the invoice and its respective sales orders. But it does exist in the database. So, you can create a custom module that adds a new many2many field to the account.invoice model that references the sale.order model via the sale_order_invoice_rel model.

class account_invoice(osv.osv):
_inherit = "account.invoice"

_columns = {
    'sale_order_ids': fields.many2many('sale.order', 'sale_order_invoice_rel'
        , 'invoice_id', 'order_id', 'Sale Orders', readonly=True, 
        help="The sale order(s) that generated this invoice. Multiple sales '\
        'orders may have been combined for the same customer to generate one invoice."),
}

Thank you very much! This sounds like what I have been looking for! Could you also tell me how to get further product information into account.invoice.line model? What I need is product.id, product.name and product.description separately, not joined like invoiceline.name in account.invoice.line relation.

NSC
on 1/12/14, 1:39 PM
Sylvain LE GAL
On 1/10/14, 4:12 PM

Hi,

I don't think there is a link from account.invoice to sale.order, but you have the revert link : In sale.order model, you have a many2many fields named "invoice_ids" (table : sale_order_invoice_rel).

So you can request the sale_order that have linked to a defined invoice.

Regards.

As far as I know, there is a field called 'origin' inside account.invoice model. This is the element which the invoice was created from. We always generate invoices from sale.order. What I do not know is how to come from this field to the order_date and where I have to do my changes. Only in .rml file or in report parser, too?

NSC
on 1/11/14, 6:36 AM

Hi. Yes there is the 'origin' field, but this is a char field. So, that's why I think it's more complicated to request. for exemple in my database, there is some values like "OUT/02432:SO2074, OUT/08140:SO2485".

Sylvain LE GAL
on 1/11/14, 8:53 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/10/14, 12:51 PM
Seen: 2419 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM