Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Access Error :(Document type: stock.picking.type, Operation: read)

By
Erhuvwu Akpobaro
on 1/15/15, 3:38 PM 2,240 views

While creating a purchase order or a request for qouatation i get the following error:

AccessError

The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: stock.picking.type, Operation: read)

However when i click on okay it allows me to continue and create a purchase order . This is very annoying and was wondering if anyone has encountered this or solved this .?

I have seen this error before. Do you have multiple companies set up?

Jeff Beidler
on 1/15/15, 4:16 PM

@jeff yes i do have multiple companies set up , was there a potential mistake i made ? any steps i have missed ?

Erhuvwu Akpobaro
on 1/15/15, 4:46 PM
Jeff Beidler
On 1/15/15, 5:31 PM

It has to do with record rules.  Ultimately, the configuration will depend on the needs specific to your companies.  In my particular case, it doesn't matter if users from one company can see the records of the other, so I just deactivated the multi-company record rule for stock.picking.  In your case, you may (or not) need to make sure the user trying to view the record has access to both companies, etc.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/15/15, 3:38 PM
Seen: 2240 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM