Odoo Help

Access Denied error when accessing Customers

By
Rex Thain
on 3/8/13, 7:28 PM 3,422 views

I created a new user and assigned it to the sales/manager group using the default security settings. However anytime I try to access a customer from the customer page or access the customer list from a pull down menu in leads, opportunities, sales,etc.. I get this error message:

Access Denied

The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: Partner, Operation: read)

Another aspect is that even though this new (sales/manager)user cannot access the contacts it can see from the customer list, it cannot see any companies that are visible to the admin user.

Have I missed a check box somewhere?

eLBati
On 3/9/13, 6:19 AM

You probably got into bug 1094212.

Try updating your code.

@Lorenzo, thanks for the response, that bug applies when multi company is being used which I am not. Applied patch anyway but didn't make a difference. I think it has to do with the import of the companies and contacts because I don't get the error message for companies that have been manually added.

Rex Thain
on 3/13/13, 9:07 AM
Nestor
On 8/14/13, 4:12 PM

Hello.

I was having same issue, and what i did is simply uncheck all boxes on user setup (portal, anonymus, etc) and the message was gone.

regards

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/8/13, 7:28 PM
Seen: 3422 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM