Odoo Help


[9.0] Website dynamic menu translation

Farid Shahy
on 2/2/16, 5:54 AM 1,001 views

I am adding dynamic sub menues in website but strings do not get translated. Event after adding data-oe-translate="1"

<template id="link_all_products" name="Alle Produkte">
  <li class="secondary-item navbar-primary-item navbar-primary-item-link" name="Submenu">
  <a t-att-href="(website.menu_id.child_id[0] == submenu) and '/' or submenu.url"
        t-ignore="true" t-att-target="'_blank' if submenu.new_window else None">
  <span t-field="submenu.name" data-oe-translate="1"/>

If I replace

<span t-field="submenu.name" data-oe-translate="1"/>

with a static string it gets translated. Seems a bug in qweb, any help on this issue.


Farid Shahy
On 2/3/16, 4:10 AM

create a new issue on github, I hope they can see it:


On 2/2/16, 7:37 AM

Yesterday I had the same problem and I delete all code and I did it another time with website builder. You do it all over again. They are bugs of Odoo. 

I save when I have a little change and I check that the translation works if not works I delete the code and I do it other time.


About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.


Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)


Asked: 2/2/16, 5:54 AM
Seen: 1001 times
Last updated: 2/3/16, 4:10 AM