Odoo Help

[9.0] Odoo not starting because of data_dir in config

By
Mike Greenish
on 11/2/16, 12:13 PM 445 views

I re-cloned Odoo 9, keeping the same config.  When I restarted through the start-stop-daemon, Odoo wouldn't start.  I commented out each line in the config until it would start to find the offending line.  It turns out the data_dir parameter causes odoo not to start.  

data_dir = /opt/odoo9-live/.local/share/Odoo

If I comment out the line, the server starts.  If I uncomment it, it doesn't.  I believe this was a standard line but don't remember, it has been a few months since I installed Odoo 9.

ls -la /opt/odoo9-live/.local/share/Odoo/total 20d

rwx------ 5 root root 4096 Nov 2 16:33 .

drwx------ 3 root root 4096 Nov 2 16:06 ..

drwx------ 3 root root 4096 Nov 2 16:06 addons

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Nov 2 16:33 filestore

drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Nov 2 16:33 sessions

I tried changing ownership to odoo_user:odoo_user but that made no difference.  Anyone have any ideas about what could cause this data_dir parameter to stop the daemon from starting?

Cybrosys Technologies

--Cybrosys Technologies--
| 2 2 3
Calicut, India
--Cybrosys Technologies--

Cybrosys is a well known and highly flourished software development company in India, which provides various services in the IT industry. We are mainly dealing with ERP implementation in both Odoo and .Net, Source Code sale offer for various products and Employee Staffing solutions.

Odoo is the Key service of our company and we have cultivated many potential partners and clients in Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa within a short span of time. We are really glad to be a part of Odoo and to provide the quality services without any compromise. You can manage the entire project by choosing our experienced and talented developers whenever required. You can feel free to have direct communication with our experts and can assign tasks according to your project plan, the developer will be yours till the end of the work.

Hold your hand with cybrosians to make your Odoo dreams comes true.

Cybrosys Technologies
On 11/3/16, 1:03 AM

As the name indicates, this is the data directory of odoo. But files that related to the instance you are trying to access are not in this directory.
when you mention 'data_dir' in config, odoo only checks that location. when you comment it, odoo will find its path,
if you are creating a new instance..i hope it will work with the current uncommented  'data_dir' conf.
lemme know am i right
Thanks 

Mike Greenish
On 11/3/16, 3:57 AM

So this time when I changed ownership to odoo_user:odoo_user, odoo started.  So it seems to have been a permissions issue, which makes sense as odoo is running under odoo_user and needs permission to access that directory.  

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/2/16, 12:13 PM
Seen: 445 times
Last updated: 11/11/16, 6:59 AM