Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[9.0] Odoo not starting because of data_dir in config

By
Mike Greenish
on 11/2/16, 12:13 PM 123 views

I re-cloned Odoo 9, keeping the same config.  When I restarted through the start-stop-daemon, Odoo wouldn't start.  I commented out each line in the config until it would start to find the offending line.  It turns out the data_dir parameter causes odoo not to start.  

data_dir = /opt/odoo9-live/.local/share/Odoo

If I comment out the line, the server starts.  If I uncomment it, it doesn't.  I believe this was a standard line but don't remember, it has been a few months since I installed Odoo 9.

ls -la /opt/odoo9-live/.local/share/Odoo/total 20d

rwx------ 5 root root 4096 Nov 2 16:33 .

drwx------ 3 root root 4096 Nov 2 16:06 ..

drwx------ 3 root root 4096 Nov 2 16:06 addons

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Nov 2 16:33 filestore

drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Nov 2 16:33 sessions

I tried changing ownership to odoo_user:odoo_user but that made no difference.  Anyone have any ideas about what could cause this data_dir parameter to stop the daemon from starting?

As the name indicates, this is the data directory of odoo. But files that related to the instance you are trying to access are not in this directory.
when you mention 'data_dir' in config, odoo only checks that location. when you comment it, odoo will find its path,
if you are creating a new instance..i hope it will work with the current uncommented  'data_dir' conf.
lemme know am i right
Thanks 

Mike Greenish
On 11/3/16, 3:57 AM

So this time when I changed ownership to odoo_user:odoo_user, odoo started.  So it seems to have been a permissions issue, which makes sense as odoo is running under odoo_user and needs permission to access that directory.  

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/2/16, 12:13 PM
Seen: 123 times
Last updated: 11/11/16, 6:59 AM