This question has been flagged
3 Replies

If I create a PO of Office rent for 1 year,then paid upfront (for all 12 months)

Is there away for odoo to create an accounting entry every month with the cost of rent (1 month)? I'm new to odoo and I'm not really sure how to do it or if this is the corrent way to record prepaid office rent, any help is appreciated

Discard
Best Answer

YOu need to make the difference between the periodic expense recognition into your books AND the fact that you paid in advance for 12 months.

At he time you paid:, the entries are:

Debit the OWNER'S ACCOUND FOR THE TOTAL PAYMENT

CREDIT BANK ACCOUNT

Then, your monthly recording of the expense (which you can do using the recurring process from Odoo,) will be:

Credit the owners'account (balance sheet account; like a supplier)

Debit the profit and loss account (P/L) which might be named "office rental"

This is excatly what you need to set up in Odoo for the recurring entry 

At the end of the year the owner's account should show a NIL balance and you office rental account will show a total expense for the 12 months.

Discard
Best Answer

I am not an accountant, but I don't think you can have a PO for office rent.  You can record rent as an expense through Accounting -> Purchase Receipts and after validation register payment(s) you made against it.

Hope this helps.

Djordje 

Discard
Best Answer

Yes you can. Find more information about recurring documents.

Basically what you have to do is install the Recurring Documents module, after that go to Settings - > Technical - > Automation

There create a Recurring Type and then a Recurring Document. 

Discard