This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I am using project in 8.0 and about a week ago a strange error with the kanban view appeared out of the blue.

faulty behavior:   once a project stage is being 'folded' in the kanban view an empty space appears between the stage title & the first task. Also the folded states title is displayed upside down

expected behavior:  no extra empty space below the stage title and first task once a stage is folded. Task title of the folded stages displayed tilted 90 degrees inside the folded stage instead of upside down

as mentioned this appeared out of nowhere. It was working correctly and then just from one day to the other it's shown as described

any idea how to tackle this?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi gunnar,

We have the exact same issue since December 2015. We have narrowed it down to a Firefox specific issue. It is probably related to version 43, release december 15th.

Did you find a fix yet?

Cheers,

Robert

Edit:

Further testing showed we had the issue also in IE11.
I did some css debugging. Looks like something changed in css engine and how it handles text rotation.

In file addons/web_kanban/static/src/css/kanban.css you can put writing-mode in comment. Value 'tb-rl' is deprecated anyway according to https://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Web/CSS/writing-mode. See code sample below.

.openerp .oe_kanban_view .oe_kanban_group_title_vertical {
/* writing-mode: tb-rl; */
-webkit-transform: rotate(90deg);
-moz-transform: rotate(90deg);
-o-transform: rotate(90deg);
-ms-transform: rotate(90deg);
transform: rotate(90deg);

This works for all browsers. Keep in mind we are using 7.0 so code might look different on 8.0.

Cheers,

Robert

Discard
Author

no, I haven't had time to look into this further yet, but I confirm being on FF 43.0.1. (can't see which release date it's from though). While I am talking a FF update is automatically being applied. Will report whether that solves the issue maybe

Author

after FF updated to 43.0.3 the problem still exists. Kanban view displays correctly in Opera & Chrome though, so apparently it IS a FF issue

Author

your code sample looks like the original 7.0 code from https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/7.0/addons/web_kanban/static/src/css/kanban.css. Seems to be the same as in my local 8.0 code (but the official 8.0 code has been updated. So in the end Krupesh's advise (update odoo) might be correct

Yes of course, except I changed writing-mode: tb-rl; to /* writing-mode: tb-rl; */ to prevent the text being rotated twice in FF and IE.

Best Answer

something wrong with css. Had you do any mashup with exsting odoo file please revert your changes and pull lattest code from odoo using git pull.

Discard
Author

hi, Krupesh ... no. I haven't changed anything with the code locally. Still I am going to see whether the issue disappears with a 'git pull' update, thanks