This question has been flagged
1 Reply

After configuring around in developer mode in the action menu one view can not be opened any more.

The product category throws this message: View error Can't find field 'virtual_available' in the following view parts composing the view of object model 'product.product': * product.product.tree Either you wrongly customized this view, or some modules bringing those views are not compatible with your current data model

Can I repair this in some xml, or do I have to go back to the last backup. Only one day, but some work...

Thanks in advance

Discard
Best Answer

Hi ,

yes you should be able to do it without restoring the db and you can follow the steps below,

• you can use your menu to find out what is the name of your view , you must know exactly the name of your view , this is easier , as you do not have to guess your view. (but you still need to go to the setting menu below to look for it as you can't edit over here any more as it threw you error)
  • or you can directly look for in under setting ->user interface->view and search the name of your view.

then you can edit the view remove the <field> name is "virtual_available" , please remove the all tag <field name="virtual_available"/> ,

hope this help . kalmen

Discard
Author

Thank you for your help. I Think I entered product.product.tree into the field product.category.search which was empty before. When I delete the field "virtual_available", as you recommended, the system comes up with the same error but the field is now "price". So I would have to delete a few fields. to come back to my view :-(, but I will try that after saving my starting view.....

I'm having a similar problem that i've referred to here: https://www.odoo.com/forum/Help-1/question/ImportError-No-module-named-product-55590 and here (main thread regarding the module from v7): https://www.odoo.com/forum/Help-1/question/OpenERP-7-How-can-I-add-images-in-saleoderline-or-in-treeview-generally-483 my XML is as follows (in /odoo/addons/product_image_SO/product_view.xml): product.product.treeproduct.product and i'm getting the following error message: Error details: Field `virtual_available` does not exist Error context: View `product.product.tree` [view_id: 2129, xml_id: n/a, model: product.product, parent_id: 256]" while parsing /opt/odoo/odoo-server/addons/product_image_SO/product_view.xml:4, near product.product.treeproduct.product I believe it may be due to incorrect XML syntax, however I am currently stuck on this error message. Any input or insight would be very much appreciated.