Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

500 Internal Server Error after installation of Odoo 8

By
José
on 9/24/14, 4:41 PM 5,683 views

Hello, I download and install Odoo 8.0-20140923-000209, with All In One installation. I try it over Windows 7 SP1 64 bits and after installation, I get:

"500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application."

I try to stop and start the service of Odoo, but not works. I also try to uninstall Odoo and PostgreSQL, restart the PC, clean the PC with CCleaner (also the registry), restart the PC and reinstall Odoo and PostgreSQL in C:\Odoo8\, but not works.

I also try to install it in a virtual machine with Windows XP, created specifically for this, but I get the same error.

How can I do? Thanks!

Hello José, Sometimes, you just need to clear the browser cache. I used to have this problem all the time with V7. Good luck!

Eva Pinter
on 9/24/14, 6:16 PM

Thanks for your comment. I try this, but not works...

José
on 9/25/14, 3:29 PM
Juan José Scarafía
On 9/26/14, 9:53 AM

Hi José,

Check out your odoo.conf file, may be there is an error in the repositories paths.

Regards,

Juan José - Ing ADHOC

In the openerp-server.conf file I have this: [options] addons_path = C:\Odoo 8.0\server\openerp\addons admin_passwd = admin auto_reload = None csv_internal_sep = , anything is wrong? Thanks

José
on 9/26/14, 12:02 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/24/14, 4:41 PM
Seen: 5683 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM