This question has been flagged

I've noticed all of the current versions of Odoo 8.0 (RC1) seem to have an access rights issue that does not permit public (ie. not signed in) users from viewing the product catalog on the frontend e-commerce module.

I've checked the logs in regards to what is going on when public visitors try to visit the 'shop' area of the website and have found the following line:

QWebException: ('AccessError', u'Sorry, you are not allowed to access this document. Only users with the following access level are currently allowed to do that:\n- Purchases/Manager\n\t- Manufacturing/Manager\n\t- Sales/Manager\n\t- Warehouse/Manager\n\t- Contact Creation\n\t- Human Resources/Employee\n\n(Document model: product.pricelist.type)')

I am assuming due to the error message that the public user group has not been applied to this document model, however I cannot understand why this is the case. Has anyone else run into this issue and found a solution?

Discard
Author

This issue on Odoo's github repository seems to confirm the issue is due to the merging of the new API for 8.0: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/1013

How could we solve this problem?

Author

@Pascal, To the best of my knowledge this has been resolved in updates pushed into the 8.0 branch within a few weeks of this post. I'd recommend making a file and database backup of your odoo install before doing a git pull and then ./openerp-server --update=all -c /etc/odoo-server.conf on your Odoo install to update all modules. I believe this was an access rights issue that was resolved in the website module.

does « --update=all » always pull on Github? I didn't install Odoo from github. Is it a problem? Thanks

update is running since 1 hour now... It's long long long.... should I stop it?

Update is done. Problem is still there. Public user get 403 error on the front end catalog.

Problem solved for me. It was a bad setup in my pricelist.

Author

@Pascal, Good to hear. Unfortunately update=all will not do you much good if you have not recently done an update from github or a package update (if you installed using apt-get/.deb or similar). Update all is basically the same functionality as clicking the red Upgrade button on a module in the backend GUI of Odoo. --update=all just does this for all installed modules. Therefore if you have a few modules installed it can take quite some time. Did you try to setup cost-based pricing on the default pricelist by any chance? I have also run into this issue related to setting up the default pricelist rules. I opened a github issue here: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/2887 However this seems to have been resolved in recent updates, therefore if you can do an update with your setup I would recommend backing up filesystem and database and then doing an update to pull a more recent build of Odoo with these fixes implemented.