This question has been flagged
9 Replies

why i am getting

403 – Forbidden!

while posting question

Discard
Author Best Answer

try to drag the image from file system to comment box you will viewing "Drop image" then  drop the image and while posting with that image you will be getting 403 forbidden error

Discard

thanks, I will try it

I have no error, you receive a 403, because you are trying to insert an picture and that you have not enough karma to do it... (only 17 vs 30 required )

Editor Features: image and links 20

Best Answer

This could happens when you delay to much for posting and your session get expired somehow in the browser but not completely(maybe a token expired). To solve it just push back button on your browser, copy the text of what you wanna post, refresh the page(using f5 or refresh button) and post it again without errors. You could always do the same before posting to be sure that you will not end up with a 403 - Forbidden! Error

Discard

if token (csrf) expired, you should not receive a 403...

And refresh in not really a solution, AFAIK, in firefox it keep the content, but not in chrome ...

I will be curious to know how to reproduce this bug... :/

I just pointed out the way I manage to solve it, that's the steps that works for me. I try to reproduce it by left a post a long time opened before answer something and what I get is "400: Bad Request". I don't know exactly when the Forbidden error happened, could be related to an update on the Odoo S.A servers or something. Where I remembered to saw it here is not related to post and answer or question, it was related to trying to open old posts and also some profiles(maybe private ones) of users of the forum

Not able to reproduce it right now, maybe @janarthanan could explain how occurs

Best Answer

Things like that happen from time to time.

Discard

I love the simplicity of the answer and the fact that its actually correct lol.

heu... but why ? :p