This question has been flagged
5 Replies

How to send some signal to cash drawer to open it after click print receipt or something similar? I don't know whether this depends on cash drawer's driver or not ?

Discard
Best Answer

Usually the cash drawer behaves like a printer in the sense that it has a RS232 or USB port. However the cash drawer is dummy and only uses the port to receive a signal (positive voltage) which causes it to open.

So you only need send any signal to the RS232 or USB port (like for insance print the ascii character "a" to the rs232 port) and it will open!. I the old days you could test it from hyperterminal, I guess nowadays you will have to make a javascript app that sends a character to the rs232 port.

Discard
Best Answer

There should be a call to the cash drawers API. Read the technical manual of the hardware you are using. Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

Use this app: https://github.com/Fedrojesa/ProxyPoS it's created for work as a driver and make your PoS module on OpenERP can communicate directly with local ECS/PoS compatible devices.

Let me know if you have any question or need help.

Discard
Best Answer

There are receipt printers with a link to the cashdrawer. When you print the receipt the drawer will automaticly open.

Update: In the updated POS in version 8 there will be more support for ticket printers, barcoe scanners and cashdrawers.

Discard
Best Answer

Most printers will spit out a configuration sheet if you turn it off, hold down the form feed button, and then turn the printer on. It will tell you things like parity, XOn/XOff, bit rate, etc. Open up the advanced tab of your printer properties and make sure the setting match the config sheet. Now some peoples are using Partner Tech 5E-415 Cash Drawer which are now available on stores as Discount Till Rolls Ltd.

Discard