This question has been flagged

Hello, I use Odoo 11 community since January 1st 2018. My fiscal year end is December 31. As I saw in Odoo documentation (https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/11.0/accounting/others/adviser/fiscalyear.html), I shouldn't have to do something special to close my 2018 year.

1- As is wrote in documentation: "any time you generate the Income Statement, the beginning date will correspond with the beginning of the Fiscal Year and the account balances will all be 0."
Wrong! When I generate my Profit and loss report, if I don't specified my first day of the new fiscal year (January 1st 2019 in my case) in start date field, I get all the profit/loss including last year. Is it normal?

2- At the year end, I removed my year profit/loss from account 999999 to put in a specific account that contain all profit/loss since beginning of company. If I generate my balance sheet without beginning date and January 10 2019 as end date per example, the profit add loss of 2018 still there... If I generate my Balance Sheet using a start date as January 1st per example, there is missing a lot of account because I have no transaction in the date range.

How can I have profit/loss to 0 on my Balance sheet at the beginning of my new fiscal year?

Is there a place that explain well how the year end is working? Maybe it's a wrong reports configuration...

Discard
Author Best Answer

Ermin, it is normal to define a period for P&L, but normaly for balance sheet, we only specifiy a end date. Normaly we want to see the balance sheet at a specific date... So I am not sure how Odoo works....

Discard
Best Answer

ad 1) That is normal. You always need to define the period for P&L report, the documentation is only related to the Enterprise version, where they have re-introduced some kind of periods again.

ad 2) I do not exactly understand what you mean. If you have posted the annual profit/loss to the account P&L carried forward in the balance sheet, they do stay there of course.

Discard
Author

For 1, OK. I will do like that. If I specify a period with start date, the question 2 is useless. But if I specify a period with a start date, all accounts without transaction after the specified start date (january 1st 2019) are not shown on my balanche sheet... Do I have to enter my accounts balances at january 1st to have a complete balance sheet?

Thanks Ermin!