This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Good afternoon,

I have an odoo 8 installed on a server and I would like to know if there is a possibility to configure the sending of mail so that every time I update an invoice, an email is sent to an email informing me of the change of status. Is that possible?

Greetings

Discard
Best Answer

If you want the system to automatically send an email when an invoice is created you might want to use automated actions.

Go to the Settings, Activate the Developer mode and go to Settings / Technical / Automated Actions. It is very simple. However, if you have problems you can see sample actions on Odoo runbot (http://runbot.odoo.com/runbot)

Discard
Author Best Answer

Ey, Thank you so much. I've finally put the correct parameters and after clicking on Test Connection I got a success message. The problem is that when I create an invoice or even I update it, I don't receive emails.

Is there something that I am not doing properly?

Please is there any place where explain how to send mails via automated actions??

Many thanks in advance

Discard
Best Answer

HI John,

In Odoo default we have a mail configuration that were located in the menu path Settings --> Technical --> Email --> Outgoing Mail Servers.

In that there is connection information that we have to give SMTP Server and SMTP Port and if mail server have authentication means we have to give Connection Security and the corresponding Username and Password to give.

Then After finally we have to Test Connection to check the server name and port is correct or not. If Connection Success means every thing is fine if connection not success means then you have to check the server name and the port number is correct nor not.

Discard