This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Activity Types are listed on the CRM module, but there is no place to schedule activities in the Opportunity like there was in Odoo 10 CE. Is this another function moved to Enterprise like Project Issues?

Also, there does not seem to be a Dashboard either?

Discard

Project issues has not been moved to Enterprise. It has been removed as the features have been added to task.

Best Answer

Assuming Odoo 11 CE:

Activity types are in CRM/Configuration/Activity Types

To schedule an activity in an opportunity, click on "Schedule Activity" in the chatter. There are no more fields "Next Action" and "Next Action Date" in the lead/opportunity form because this was replaced by the activity scheduling in the chatter which is not only more convenient to use, but also allows for more than 1 activity on 1 record, and is more generic (you can specify scheduled activities on any object).

If you want the list of all the activities, the menu doesn't exist in standard but it's very easy to create it. Go to Settings/Technical/Database Structure/Models, then find the model 'mail.activity' and open it, then click on 'Create a menu' at the very bottom of its form view, and specify where you want to have this menu. After that, refresh and navigate to the menu you created.

Regarding dashboards, I suggest you create the dashboard you'd like thanks to the 'add to dashboard' feature in any search view and you'll get it in the Dashboard app. You can also have your dashboard as your homepage of Odoo by specifying the 'Home Action' in the user form (in the Preferences tab).

Note: Make sure to enable the developer mode if you don't see certain menus.

Discard
Author

Excellent answer Fabrice! I didn't see it down in the chatter.

Best Answer

Hi Fabrice,

Thank you for the above information. I created a list for all activities, however, I want to add the "Customer Reference" that is found in the Sale Order as a column. How can I do that?

I tried to edit the xml in the list view to add the field client_order_ref but I got an error message when saving.

I would also want to be able to click on the entry and it would go to the document instead of going to the activity. Can this be done?

Thanks for the help.

Discard
Best Answer

You can use this app (search app in odoo apps by name provided below) to preview your own activities.

Apps Name:

Advanced Activity Dashboard

Discard

Alaa: Are you using the forum for advertising?

Hello, 

I hope you are doing well.
Concerning the questions that I have replied in the odoo forum, I have no intention of advertising any product.
In fact, it caught my attention the high quality provided by these apps so I decided to share them with the odoo users to help them enhance their products.
If my responses are causing any problems, I will remove them from the odoo forum.

Have a nice day,
Alaa Maaoui

Le jeu. 25 août 2022 à 07:39, Josep Anton Belchi Riera <notifications@mail.odoo.com> a écrit :

Alaa: Are you using the forum for advertising?

Enviado por Odoo S.A. usando Odoo.