This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi there,

I just made an upgrade from Odoo 10 to Odoo 12 CE and I have a question. In Odoo 10 when I was accessing odoo-server:8069 directly I was getting redirected to the login page (if I was not logged in). If I was logged in I was redirected to the Discuss page.

Now in Odoo 12 if I access the server address on 8069 I am thrown on a 404 page as the site is not yet published. I have the option to login from there but I am wondering if I could not access directly the login page...

On the other hand when I am logged in upon calling the server the same way I am thrown on the unpublished version of the website's home page... which is also a bit strange as, for example, in my case I do not want to use the Website functionality at all.

Is there a way to redirect not logined requests to the login page and logined requests to the Discuss page as in Odoo 10?

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Vlad:

If you don't need the Website functionality, uninstall the "Website" app and you should be all set.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi Paresh, I am sorry but I do not have the karma to answer you directly.

I do not find  your proposal viable. First of all I do not find it ok that not logged in users are thrown on a 404. This should be customizable, or?

I would also like to keep the website for registered customers only, so they will also need to login every time when they visit.

Would this be possible?

Discard

Hi Vlad: Under normal circumstances, you should not get a 404 error. It should work out of the box. The 404 error indicates that something is not right with the configuration of the website module.

The reason for suggesting uninstalling it was because you mentioned "in my case I do not want to use the Website functionality at all." in your original post.