This question has been flagged
8 Replies

Hi!

I want to use ref on domain field

<field name="domain">[('carrier_id','=',%(fbv_vexpress.carrier_vexpress)d)</field>

but it don't work

Uncaught Error: % undefined as prefix 

How to fix it?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Tazan,

Reason : In your code you have not written your domain inside "double quote". Thats why you got an error " % undefined as prefix " 

Solution :

You can use %(xxx)d inside domain. But you need to use as like below.

1) If you are giving domain inside any field definition then you need to define domain as like below.

<field name="M2O_field" domain="[('carrier_id','=',%(fbv_vexpress.carrier_vexpress)d )]" />

2) If you inherit any view and add just domain attribute then you need to define domain as like below.

<field name "M2O_field" position="attributes">
    <attribute name="domain">"[('carrier_id','=',%(fbv_vexpress.carrier_vexpress)d )]"</attribute>
</field>

I hope you are getting what exactly I want to explain. So, in your case (2) is applicable.

Thanks.

Discard

Nice 1, I have one question when we use attribute than need to double quote?

Thanks for this. I had this problem.

To people having this problem, make sure you don't quote the groupname (fbv_vexpress.carrier_vexpress in this example).

Best Answer

you can try:

<field name="domain" eval="[('carrier_id', '=', ref('fbv_vexpress.carrier_vexpress'))]"/>
Discard
Author Best Answer

@Shamji!

I don't think it work! Because '%(fbv_vexpress.carrier_vexpress)d' is string, not a ref

I want to get id record carrier_vexpress on module fbv_vexpress

Discard
Best Answer

Tazan,

You may go by an option called search within the field!

<field name="NAME' search="[('model','=','model'),('name','=','your name')]"/>

Its understood that its a DATA, so you may proceed with this check. Also try by ref(XML) too.

Thanks.

Discard

Haven't tried the search function, but can confirm that ref(XML) does not work (in python file ref throws an error saying it is not defined.) (in xml it throws an error when oyu try to access the field with the message ref is not defined)

Best Answer

Please try this

[('carrier_id','=','%(fbv_vexpress.carrier_vexpress)d')]

Thanks.

Shamji

Discard