This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hey everybody

How do I make a link or button inside the details of a record?
I'd like a button or link that refers to the correct page with the correct file/record opening.
For example:
Would link me to the page http://www.mydomain.com:8069/web#id=3&view_type=form&model=project.task
The id number comes from the field resource ID and the &model=project.task should come from the Resource model.

So far I've made this in my FormView (accessed from the developer mode):

What I now get is this URL:
http://localhost:8069/web#id=nieuw.pdfnieuw.pdfproject.task4Analyse2...&view_type=form&model=
Could anybody tell me how I can get the values from those two fields out of the db/html with jQuery or something?
I'm pretty close, I only need to get the values that are inside my HTML into my URL.

This URL should be like this:

With kind regards
Yenthe

Discard
Best Answer

I found the solution.

Example:

<field name="res_id"/>
<a t-attf-href="/web?&amp;debug=#id={{ record.res_id.value }}&amp;view_type=form&amp;model=project.task&amp;action=188&amp;active_id=99">TASK</a><br/>

{{ record.res_id.value }} - returns the value of res_id.

record.(field_used_in_this_xml).value

Discard

Hello John,

Thanks, this solved my issue.

Do you know where I can find detailed documentation about QWeb as the Odoo documentation has no mention about "t-attf-href".

Thanks,

Author Best Answer

I found a solution but its not 100% dynamically so I'd love a better way to do this.
My code now looks like this:
<a href="#" onclick="window.open('/web#id='+$('.oe_form_char_content').eq(3).text()+'&amp;view_type=form&amp;model='+$('.oe_form_char_content').eq(2).text(), '_blank')" class="applicant_docs_forms">Link to location</a>

The problem is that when I would add another element inside my view the eq(3) and eq(2) would not match to the correct fields anymore and I'd have to change this manually.. Does anybody know a way without the .eq() from jQuery?

Thanks 
Yenthe

Discard

yenthe

inspite of using "oe_form_char_content" in jquery selector why don't you try putting some "data-" attribute to your field and use this as selector, like:

href="#" onclick="window.open('/web#id='+$("input[data-field='id']").text()+'&amp;view_type=form&amp;model='+$("input[data-field='model']").text(), '_blank')" class="applicant_docs_forms">Link to location</a>

hope it helps!

Did you ever find a solution to his ?