This question has been flagged

I registered the payment of one of my customer in the wrong journal. The status of this entry has moved from draft to validated as I confirmed the entry but I have not yet touch to the reconciliation. 

I tried to come back to the draft version to modify the journal entry but it's no more possible. I would like to ask you what are the best practices to handle this kind of situation?

Discard
Author Best Answer

The situation : Payment was confirmed within the wrong journal but the bank reconciliation was not yet conducted. 

The solution : 

For this payment (on its payment form), you will click on the smart button "Invoices". You will find the different invoices linked to this payment (one or more). For each invoices linked to this payment, you will select it, open it and scroll down to the bottom of the invoice and click on the little green button "Information". By clicking on it, you will be able to cancel the link in the system between this invoice and the payment. Do the same for each invoices. 

Once done, you can come back on the payment form of your payment and bring back the state of the document to draft. There, you can modify the journal and restart the reconciliation with the good journal.    

Discard