This question has been flagged
2 Replies

[CONTEXT] Zapier is a freemium service that is  able  to "Connect your apps and automate workflows". A zap is already created in Zapier that enables you to create new leads coming from an infinite  types of sources (e.g. ninjaform / facebook / google spreadsheet / etc.) 

Connecting Zapier with an OdooSaas database is easy. Just follow the steps Zapier  is  giving  you. 

However - connecting Zapier with an Odoo.sh database is complexier. 

It often gives you this error "Fault (code AccessDenied) occurred. Message: Access Denied"

Please check below answer to get this solved. 

Discard
Author Best Answer

We need here to add a specific custom allias domain to enable Zapier understand the actual name of the database. 

More concretely - follow these steps : 

• 1/ Odoo.sh -> Select the production branch -> go in the shell
  • 2/ Copy the name of the database "mydatabase-main-XXXXXXX"
  • 3/ Go in the  "setting"  tab.  Create  a  new  domain  allias  by pasting  this database name e.g. " mydatabase-main-XXXXXXX.odoo.com"
  • 4/ In the zapier settings (for connection) - please use this new database domain to get connected. 

Discard

Hi Valentin, thanks for the explanation. Is this still working for you?

Author

Hello Emilio,

Yes it is still working on my database. What kind of error do you have?

Regards

Great suggestion, however, the issue still persists for me. Has anyone figured this out? I have already set list_db to true and used the alternative URL

Author

Hello Hayden, what is the error message you get?

Thanks Valentin, this worked for me.

Hello Emilio!
I tried to do it but I cant find the domain alias https://prnt.sc/qFINZSPCZb56
I added the damain as you can see at the image and triedt to access to zappier but didnt got success

Best Answer

Hi Valentin,

Just trying your tips to connect zapier and to my odoo sh database but still not working. 

Does we need to use API key instead of my traditional password ? 

With both passeword and allias database name still “AccessDenied“ return.

Thank you for your return.

Gauthier

Discard