This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I'm deploying Odoo with a dbfilter %d for www.domain.com.  The idea is that we will have multiple clients using the same instance so that each domain will only have access to their dedicated database without each client being able to see or access other databases.

www.domain1.com -> sees domain1 DB and/or website only

www.domain2.com -> sees domain2 DB and/or website only

etc...

So far so good.  However, how can I or an admin of Odoo be able to see ALL of the databases installed and access each one from the usual web/database/manager or web/database/selector without having them filtered?  Is there an override for DB filter?  

The problem is that now when we create a new database, if no domain yet exists for that DB, it will be automatically filtered out hence limiting access.  The workaround is to change to %h and create subdomains for each new database BEFORE creating it but it seems like a lot of work

ex/

1. change dbfilter = %h

2. create sub.domain.com using a domain that I already own and can configure

3. create new DB called sub-domain-com

4. when client registers www.name.com, duplicate DB sub-domain-com to www-name-com so they have access

Call me lazy but this seems like a lot of work!  Wouldn't this be a lot easier if there was a simple OVERRIDE?

for example:  127.0.0.1/web/database/selector/SHOWALL would show me all databases

Does something like this exist? can it be implemented?  I just did a quick search and it looks like I'm not the only one looking for this solution or feature: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/3606

If anyone else has found a workaround please let me know.

Discard

did you find anay solution to solve this ??????