This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I'm trying to create project tasks from sales orders. This works fine as long as the sales order is in hours, but I want to sell a service (let's say a server installation) at a fixed price - and then have a task created with the estimated time.

I can set the unit conversion from piece to hours, but the task is always created with an estimated time of 1 hour (or if I sell 2 units, it's created with 2 hours and so on).

Did I miss something or is this an error?

Discard

Do you want to change the duration of "estimated Time" ?

Author

I want to sell 1 "server installation" on the sales order and then have a task created on a project with an estimated time of 5 hours. I have set the conversion ratio from units to hours for the product to 5, but it doesn't affect the created tasks estimated time.

Author

I can't post this as a comment to the answer, but I considered using different UoMs as a work around. However, then I would have to maintain a list of UoM along with the products, and I think it's sort of short circuiting the normal conversion procedure, and I'm afraid that would hit me later...

Best Answer

In that case why  not creating a new UoM in the category Working Time equal to 5 times the Unit Hour and set it as the  Company Project and Task Working Time Unit (in the Company Configuration Form).

Discard