This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi All,

I'm new to OpenERP as well as Python. Is it possible to open, edit and debug the OpenERP source using Python Tools for Visual Studio?

If possible, how can I get it to work? I was able to open the server source in Visual Studio but are unable to run it because currently I get more than 2300 error messages along the lines of :

unexpected token 'x1'

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Discard
Best Answer

www.eclipse.org

Please use eclipse tool for OpenERP Development.

Visual studio can't be use because it works with iron-python which not work with OpenERP.

www.eclipse.org download this product and use it.

Discard
Author

The Python Tools for Visual Studio supports CPython and IronPython.

OpenERP does not supports CPython and IronPython.

Author

Ok thanks. I'll give eclipse a go.

"OpenERP does not supports CPython and IronPython." Wrong! OpenERP maybe not support IronPython, but OpenERP is build in CPython. You can use PTVS to edit/debug openerp just like eclipse.

Best Answer

I'm using Aptana Studio 3, which is Eclipse-based and Python-ready out of the box.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi tlauber

I am stuggling to debug open erp7 . I have followed all the installation guides i could find and when i try to debug i get . if you could help i will really appreciate it

pydev debugger: starting (pid: 2160)
Finding files... done.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\eclipse\plugins\org.python.pydev_3.7.1.201409021729\pysrc\pydev_runfiles.py", line 470, in __get_module_from_str
    mod = __import__(modname)
  File "C:/Development/Workspace/Odoov7/Odoo\openerp_server.py", line 2, in <module>
    import openerp
  File "C:/Development/Workspace/Odoov7/Odoo\openerp\__init__.py", line 40, in <module>
    import cli
ImportError: No module named 'cli'
ERROR: Module: openerp_server could not be imported (file: C:\Development\Workspace\Odoov7\Odoo\openerp_server.py).

Discard

I think it's better to post new question. Briefly, your problem maybe related to source path.