This question has been flagged
6 Replies

I am using Odoo 8 POS with posbox setup. For the input screen, I am evaluating using android tablet or ipad.

1. Is there a way to prevent the tablet soft keyboard from popping out? Every time the payment screen is shown, on screen keyboard will pop up and cover the interface partially because of the focus on the input box. This is very annoying.

2. Is there a way to run the POS interface full screen on tablet/ipad?

3. Does the POS interface resize accordingly to different device?
    I tried using Samsung Note Pro 12.1 tablet. With odoo demo data, the product categories pictures actually cover almost the whole POS interface, leaving only 1 row size of product list at the bottom.
    IPad 2 Air is better showing more items in the product list.

Discard

Hello Mr. Wong, did you solve theese issues ?I am looking for information about how to make full screen POS on ipad. (sorry for "answer", I still don't have enough karma to comment..)

Best Answer
  1. That's easily solved with an Android app, for example Null Keyboard: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wparam.nullkeyboard

2. Yes. Go to the POS, start a POS session, then in the Chrome settings select "Add to Home screen". Close chrome. Start the Home screen app that you created. It will start in full screen without the Chrome navigation bar but still with the Android status bar (battery, notifications,...). (tested on v8 on Nexus 5)
    If you want to also remove the Android status bar, you need to use an Android App, like GMD Full Screen Immersive Mode: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmd.immersive&hl=en

3. Yes it resizes. And if you don't like the automatic resizing, you can zoom in/out on tablets to see less/more products. (tested on Nexus 7, depends on Chrome version).

Discard
Author

Thanks..... Looks good on Android with Null Keyboard and Chrome Home Screen method..

Does it works on Safari [Add To Home Screen] on ipad? I am getting The requested URL was not found on server. if you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

Best Answer

Old thread, but answering as someone might find it useful...

We have started using an iOS app called "Web App Browser" that allows us to run Odoo POS in full screen mode.

Discard
Best Answer

I am using Odoo v9

for 1. There is no pop up on payment screen .

2.for a full screen create a shortcut to pos with chrom and add "-kiosk" to make it start in full screen.

3. on some device you can zoom in/out, other's don't, choose the good one :-)

Discard