This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I need to check that within my 'appointment' model does not coincide the time, the doctor and the day. That is, the 'appointments' do not coincide. I have done this but it does not work for me. Would someone know how to do it?

class centromedico_appointments(models.Model):

_name = 'centromedico.appointments'

datea = fields.Date(string="Fecha consulta", required=True)

timea = fields.Float(string="Hora consulta", required=True)

doctora = fields.Many2one('centromedico.medicos', string="Doctor/a", required=True, ondelete="cascade")

@api.depends('fconsulta', 'hconsulta', 'cdoctores')

def _uniqueappointment(self):

for C in self:

if C.datea  == centromedico.datea and C.timea == centromedico.timea and C.doctora == centromedico.doctora: 

raise exceptions.ValidationError("This doctor already has an appointment at that time that day")

Discard
Best Answer

The comparison with date field you have done is absolutely wrong. The odoo DB stores the date or datetime field as a string. So you have to parse the date fields before comparison. If you are not parsing the string to date object then the system compares str() == str() and always returns True. I can give you examples fo parsing a string to date or datetime object.

EG:

str_to_date = fields.Date.from_string(field_name) # '12/02/2019'  --> Date(12, 02, 2019)
str_to_datetime = fields.Datetime.from_string(field_name) # '12/02/2019 08:50:00' --> Datetime(12, 02, 2019, 08, 50, 00)
Discard