This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I created a routing in the manufacturing with the production location = supplier_1_locn, with the following settings:-

location name = supplier_1_locn

parent = Partner Locations/Vendors

location type = vendor location.

I then applied the route to the bill of material. Next I made a manufacturing order and confirmed the production. But the inventory moves of the manufacturing order shows the following:-

DateReferenceProductFromToQuantity DoneUnit of MeasureStatus
05/28/2018 12:51:10MO/00005test 1Partner Locations/Vendors/supplier_1_locnVirtual Locations/Production1.000Unit(s)Available
05/28/2018 12:51:10MO/00005test 2Partner Locations/Vendors/supplier_1_locnVirtual Locations/Production4.000Unit(s)Available
05/28/2018 12:51:21MO/00005forumVirtual Locations/ProductionWH/Stock1.000Unit(s)Waiting Availability

In my example the BOM has components as test1 and test2. And the finished product is named as 'forum'. Inventory moves shows that the components move from the supplier location to virtual locations/production and the finished products move from the virtual locations/productions back to my warehouse(WH/Stock).

Is this the expected output from a subcontracting manufacturing order?(don't think so)

How to transfer the raw materials from my warehouse (WH/Stock) to Supplier Location(Partner locations/Vendors/supplier_1_locn) so as the supplier manufactures the product in his location and sends the finished product back to me(WH/Stock)?

Discard
Best Answer

You can achieve clean subcontracting flow in manufacturing out of the box since Odoo has the new inventory management solution.

I am not explaining in detail here, just go through \https://odoobooks.com/en/latest/manufacturing/subcontracting.html document and let me know if you have any queries in the same.

Discard
Best Answer

You already have done a manufacturing order. If you want to transfer materials from your warehouse to manufactures and vice versa, set both Raw Materials Location and Finished Products Location as your warehouse locations and set vendor (manufactures) location in corresponding operation type. It may help you

Discard
Author

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgTOGNpOIwM&list=PLM3__C6UBXNxjdpupc6YfkkDgZCKPT_cb&index=7

What I was trying to do was to impliment the above scenario (described in odoo 8) in odoo 11.

Best Answer

I had similar situation and somehow I couldn't achieve ideal subcontracting process. What I did, created route for Final Product with Production Location (WH/Vendor_1 internal location) then assign this route to BOM(In my case I don't need to assign production location to normal produced product). On creation of MO I am checked If route is there with Production location then create Internal transfer form WH/Stock(Finished Products Location) to WH/Vendor_1(Raw Materials Location based on Route). This solved my Issue.

Discard