This question has been flagged

Hi odoo,

I created a new channel in the discuss module and invited a user.

my problem is that i don't see any notification about a new message recieved ! the only way is to check the channel to see if there is new messages !

did I missed somthing during my installation / configuration ? 

does this option only available in the entreprise edition ? 

thank you for your help.

Discard

I too am having this problem..

Best Answer

Hi,

I think the way messages are handled has changed : https://www.odoo.com/documentation/9.0/setup/deploy.html#livechat

From now, it looks like you absolutely need to be in multiworker mode to deal with messages.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi 

I have a Odoo 9 multiworker system and long polling setup with nginx polling and although notifications were working great not so long ago  they suddenly stopped appearing with a commit roughly 3 weeks ago. 

I've tested this with community and enterprise versions and as of now it is still broken for me. I used to see notifications orange bar that you seen when you first login asking whether you want notifications for this session or for all sessions.

I originally thought the notifications may have stopped because the orange bar didn't appear again on subsequent but after setting up an entirely new instance a couple of days ago where the orange notification bar appears the first time, the notifications now do not appear anyway ....

I have submitted a bug report to doo on my Enterprise licence but I'm surprised something as useful as this really would be broken after working so well.

Any ideas ? I really want to fix this has need to launch soon.

Discard

Hi Sirs,

Suddenly I'm experiencing the same. Odoo8. Any Idea about?

Thanks,

Best Answer

If you make a group chat instead of a channel (you can rename group chats), it should have notifications.

Discard
Best Answer

try with this application https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/10.0/web_odoo_send_notify/

Discard