This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have a view in openERP that I would like the default filter to be something different than what it is.

In the leads menu, all leads are shown, i just want open leads to be shown, not the ones that are marked dead.

If i don't have access to putting custom modules in how can I change the default filter?

Discard
Author Best Answer

The default filter can be changed without custom programming, but that change will be lost if the database is updated.

First, find the name of the filter you want to apply. In this case you only want to see "open" leads.

image description

Second, activate developer mode. https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/83

image description

Third, edit the action for the view you are in.

image description

Fourth, in the action area you will see Filters, and under filter you will see Context Value. The text in this box must have the proper grammar to work right so you must be precise.

The grammar is { "value_1":1 , "value_2":1 } if you delete the curly braces or forget a colon or comma between values, you will get an error.

Before the closing curly brace but after the last value put in , "search_default_open":1

Your context value box will looks something like - { "value_1":1 , "value_2":1, "search_default_open":1} now.

Save you changes, go to a different screen and then go back the sales > leads and you will now see the default filter applied.

image description

Discard

Thank you.