This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hey * .. Anyone know if there's a way to set up a "Today" option as a filter in Odoo SA (the SaaS version)? I'd like to have a dynamic date to be able to create a custom filter that I can share, but that will reference the current date, not a specific one.             

Discard
Best Answer

Create a new view which inherits the view you want to change, and then add a filter:

<filter string="Today" domain="[('date_field_from_model', '&gt;=', datetime.datetime.now().strftime('%Y-%m-%d 00:00:00')),('date_field_from_model', '&lt;=',datetime.datetime.now().strftime('%Y-%m-%d 23:23:59'))]"/>
Discard
Author

Hey..thanks! This gave me the direction I needed. However I wasn't able to get it to show up in the view.. I ended up editing the search view directly instead of extending it. When I created the extended view it wasn't showing up in the menu. I've created a view that extends stock.picking.internal.search with the following: But it doesn't show up in the filter.. can you possibly give me a clue as to why?

Author

" "

Author

sorry.. it's cleaning the markup I'm posting.. anyway.. if you have any tips as to what I need to do to get it to show up in the filter menu from an extended view... let me know . I've marked your answer as correct. Thanks!

Small correction on the end time.

I believe it should be .......strftime('%Y-%m-%d 23:59:59'))]"/>