This question has been flagged
7 Replies

When i try to post a comment here, it automatically goes invisible?

Discard

Yay I can comment. It seems you need a Karma > 50 to comment on other peoples questions / answers

Please mark the correct answer

Author Best Answer

When i asked this question, it was a bug. Now its working fine [Others says]. But restrictions to comments for my own thread is a bad decision.

Discard
Best Answer

@Timothy: I have already filed a bug for this with Odoo. I got a confirmation that they will be solving this very soon. I am able to comment on every issue and answer as well as other people's comments, so I suspect that it has indeed something to do with the amount of karma.

Discard
Best Answer

I cant comment either.. maybe its linked to Karma?
-- edit It seems you need a Karma > 50 to comment on other peoples questions / answers

(also the "Convert as a comment" and "convert as an answer" are confusing and unpreditable - I dont see the point of them)

Discard

Oh I can comment on my own post.. thats pointless! :P

Well, not necessarily, if you want to reply to a comment on your own post...

yes true.. but why can you post a comment on my answer but i cant comment on yours? it must be linked to karma levels - everyone should be able to comment on answers

WTF.. I clicked "convert to answer" on your comment @Thibault, and it made it into a comment on my answer! you can effectively then delete anyone elses comment.

Best Answer
Discard
Best Answer

But what if I wanted to comment an answer? I can't do that. For example I posted a question. Someone answered it. I wanted to comment that answer and say that the answer is not helpful because the question talked about something else... but only thing that I can do is comment my own question or post an answer to my own question. Very strange restriction :(

Discard

Yes, it's definitely a bad decision on the level restrictions (you are able to do that when you reach 50 karma, at the moment). It will probably be changed soon.

Best Answer

need 50 karma to post comment is really pointless.

new comer, which is lack of knowledge, need 2 things:

- post the question.

- post comment to other question or comment to other answer to discuss something more, or give more info about the question. in that case, he/she don't need the answer function.

"Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. "

Discard
Best Answer

Do you still have the issue of not being able to post a comment ? If yes, please give more details on what works and what does not work.

Discard