This question has been flagged
4 Replies

By mistake a fiscal year has been closed.

I read here on the forum that there is a possibility to reopen it.

<UPDATE account_fiscalyear SET state="draft" where name="2014-2015 (verlengd boekjaar)" and state="done";>

apparently there is something wrong in the previous instruction because I get an error message.

Can someone check it and explain me in detail how and where to put these instructions?

Need to re-open the fiscal year because the journal items for opening the next fiscal year have not been generated.

Thanks

Discard

Here is nothing "apparently", please provide more information. From where did you get this information, is the name of your fiscal year correct, what is the exact error message?

I got this info from here (Is this the correct way to re-open a closed fiscal year?) on this forum:

https://www.odoo.com/nl_NL/forum/help-1/question/is-this-the-correct-way-to-re-open-a-closed-fiscal-year-52028

First I activated the developers mode,

Then I tried to put this instruction in 

Accounting / end of period / cancel closing entries

Then: Edit action

in General Settings; View Ref.

I clicked on the arrow to get access to:

account.open.closed.fiscalyear.form

In architecture I pasted the above instruction under

<?xml version="1.0"?>

I get this error:

ValidateError Field(s) `arch` failed against a constraint: Invalid view definition Error details: Specification mandate value for attribute account_fiscalyear, line 2, column 26

I hope this is more clear for you?

I am not at all familiar with programming language.

My database in online.

Can I acces it myself then?

If so, Can you explain a little more how to do?

Thanks

Author

My database in online.

Can I acces it myself then?

If so, Can you explain a little more how to do?

Thanks

Pretty sure not. You should revert to Odoo support then. Or another solution would be to create a database backup, download it, manipulate it and restore it again. If you do not know how to manipulate the database, you should seek for professional help, because you'd install and set up Postgres before you can start manipulating a database. That's far beyond the scope of this forum.

Best Answer
UPDATE account_fiscalyear SET state="draft" where name="2014-2015 (verlengd boekjaar)" and state="done";

is an SQL command to manipulate the database table directly, it is not any kind of XML-view or model in Odoo. After that manipulation, you'll find the fiscal year again in the "Cancel Closing Entries" form.

Please make a backup before such manipulations ( and read Ray Carnes remark in this thread very carefully).

Discard