This question has been flagged
3 Replies

How can I disable the system from automatically sending out the "Quotation confirmed" email whenever we promote a Quotation to a Sales Order.

This is confusing my customers.

Discard

What exact version are you using?

Author

I am on v9 Enterprise now. When I was on v8 community, I disabled the portal to get this to stop happening, however as we move forward on v9 Enterprise (and v10 waiting for upgraded DB now) I would like to use the portal. So finding a solution to stop these emails, but still have portal active has risen to the forefront again.

Best Answer

We had  the  same  problem  but  the  previous  suggestion  of  disabling  the  'default'  checkbox  on  the  email subtype  didn't  work  for  us.  

We  eventually found  a  way  with  the  help  of  Odoo  support that  did  work :  

• go to sales application > configuration > quotation template. 
  • open the quotation template  you  are  using
  • go to the confirmation tab, edit and delete the confirmation mail 

This should prevent any emails sending when the sales order is confirmed.

Discard

There is literally no difference between each of the templates.

Best Answer

For odoo 13 this is the best solution I have found 

https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/13.0/stop_auto_subscribe_partners/ 
This module stop customer auto subscription on invoice and orders which results in an email on confirmation 

Discard
Best Answer

For me works this way in Odoo 8 for automatic email in sale orders confirmed, without disabling Portal option in Settings:

• go to "Settings / Technical / Email / Subtypes"

• select "Sales Order Confirmed"

• uncheck "Default" option

Discard

the option was not checked as default and Its still working

what Odoo version are you using?

Im using v13

I am only try to do this on Odoo 8. Between Odoo versions functionalities change, sorry cant be more helpful.