This question has been flagged
1 Reply

For what is to be explained by saas?

Discard

Sure, I'd be happy to define those terms for you.

SaaS:
SaaS stands for "Software as a Service." It's a software licensing and delivery model in which a software application is hosted by a third-party provider and made available to customers over the internet. With SaaS, customers don't have to install or maintain the software themselves. Instead, they access it through a web browser or mobile app, paying a subscription fee to use it. Examples of popular SaaS products include Salesforce, Microsoft Office 365, and Dropbox.

Deferred revenue:
Deferred revenue refers to income that has been received by a company but not yet earned. It's a liability on a company's balance sheet because the company owes its customers the service or product that they have paid for. This is often the case for SaaS companies, where customers pay upfront for a subscription period that hasn't yet been fulfilled. The company can only recognize this revenue on their income statement once they've delivered the product or service to the customer, at which point the deferred revenue becomes earned revenue.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez

Best Answer

Hi,

saas: Software as a service, is a method of software delivery and licensing in which software is accessed online via a subscription, rather than bought and installed on individual computers.

Deferred Revenue. Deferred revenue is an obligation on a company balance sheet that receives advance payment because it owes the customer products or services. Deferred revenue is most common among companies selling subscription-based products or services that require prepayments.

I hope I helped you and clarified your doubts.

BR

Ricardo

Discard