Using Buildout for custom developments and deployments
Buildout is a tool used for assembling applications from different parts, each driven by a recipe. An advanced recipe now exists for Odoo, and is used by more and more integrators in the community.
During this talk, you will discover that you can use Buildout to:
- quickly create an Odoo instance in a predictable and repeatable way
- use any Odoo version and any addons from any repositories (bzr, svn, hg, git)
- manage you Odoo configuration from your buildout
- interact with an Odoo instance through a Python shell
- create and deploy scripts using the Odoo API
- build automatic upgrade scripts for your project lifecycle
- quickly freeze all versions for deployment
About The Author
Georges Racinet - Co-Founder at Anybox. Python developer, CPS lead dev.
Functional / Main Theatre