This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I don't get it, how to use the contacts in V7. I have a company with a visiting address and a postal address. I enter the visiting address on the company. Then I have to create a contact for the postal address? And the postal addres must have a contactname (mandatory field)?

What is the best setup in this case. The postal address is ussed for the invoice, but I don't have a contactname for that (there isn't any), and I don't want to see the contact as a customer or contact, when i make a sale order. People get confused.

Discard
Best Answer

There are several concepts that are important to know:

• A company can be a child of another company record. This allows you to have several addresses for 1 company. So you should have your main top company with the invoice address, and a child-company (that can have the same name) with the visiting address.
  • In the customer form, in the tab "Sales & Purchases", you can uncheck the "Customer" checkbox to avoid this record to show when you select a company for a sale order. This is what you want for your visiting address.
  • If you want to be able to create orders with a different invoice address and delivery address, you can activate this option in Settings > Configuration > Sales > Allow a different address for delivery and invoicing

With these elements, you can get what you mention in your case.

Discard

How do you go about setting this parent/child relationship on customers? I can see no way to do it in the user interface.

Specify the parent company on the Customer form THEN click on "Is a company".