Hilfe

In what step is creating a database, tables and populating with provisional data done in the installation steps?

CRM Dev

I am attempting to get the enterprise version of Odoo working on my local Windows developer box and having difficulty:

Environment:

1. Windows 10

2. Python: 3.8.2

3. Version: 13.0

4. PostgreSQL: 12.x

---

In looking over the installation instructions, I would expect to see the following typical steps, but I don't.

1. some instruction to create a database (in Postgres terms of a database), like 'odoo' or something.

2. some instruction to run SQL scripts to create a set of tables and populate with 'provisional' data like 'types' etc that are minimally needed to get the application to run.

Am I missing something? or is this hidden somewhere?

Where are these steps done?

---

I am following these steps:

• https://www.odoo.com/documentation/13.0/setup/install.html#setup-install-source

Verwerfen
2Antworten
Beste Antwort

In generic terms if you want to install from source what you would do is create an empty DB and create a user for it. Depending on whether the DB is on the system or not you'll have to add more or less parameters when running odoo-bin in regards to connecting to the DB. The first time you run odoo-bin add '-i all' as this will initialise the database. If you want it to initialise without default data then add '-i all --without-demo=all'

Note: above is derived from doing the same on Linux, not based on an actual Windows installation.

I agree the steps are missing from the installation procedure.

2Kommentare
Verwerfen
Wade Murdock
-

"-i all"

ooh my gosh. This is what I needed!!! For some reason, my database was suddenly empty even though 2 months ago it had all the demo data in it. Googling "initialize Odoo database" just sent me in circles for hours and hours and hours.

Wade Murdock
-

(And then email and password were both "admin", for other Googlers)

Paresh Wagh
Beste Antwort

Hi:

On Windows 10, all you need to do is download the file (packaged installer) and run it. It will automatically create a user for postgres, install the database and odoo.

Use the instructions provided in this section:

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/13.0/setup/install.html#windows

Verwerfen