EDC Romfor Ltd.
Baghdad: Al mansour - Al Ameerat St.
The name Romfor S.A. is short for ”Romani Foraj”, which translates to the “Romanian Drilling Company”.
Sometime before 1956 the Romanian government nationalized the Romanian drilling contractors, creating a drilling trust. This drilling trust was eventually split in 1983, with part becoming what is now known as Romfor S.A. During the height of Romania’s communist era, Romfor S.A. had 2,500 employees and 23 drilling rigs. With the revolution in 1989 came change.