Help

Odoo 8 backup and restore command lines

Noah Alama

Hello, I have an Odoo 8 installation on an Ubunut 14.04 VPS, it's working like a charm, however, I'm afraid one day something bad might happen!

So, I don't want to relay on manual backups done through odoo's interface; 8069/web/database/manager#action=database_manager , I want to make this automatic using cron, so far, I've tried pg_dump, I'm able to extract a database, however, I don't know how to restore it, I've tried creating a new one and populating it with the old database, however, odoo doesn't recognize and show it!

Can you please help me, I'd like two command lines I can run on my linux installation, one for backing up my Odoo db and one for restoring it.

Thanks so much.

头像
丢弃
2 答案
Best Answer

Hi, you can use this commands

create database your_db_name;

alter database your_db_name owner to odoo;

pg_restore -i -h localhost -p 5432 -U odoo -d your_db_name -v "your_db_name .backup"

2 注释
头像
丢弃
Noah Alama
-

This seems very good, I'm going to give it a try when I go to work.

Do you have

Noah Alama
-

Do you have a command line for backing up odoo db, mine seems very weak, I use pg_dump dbname | gzip > dbname.gz

Ermin Trevisan
Best Answer

You might want to check the following module (more than 11000 downloads can't be wrong)  https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/auto_backup/

1 备注
头像
丢弃
Noah Alama
-

I use it already, thanks, but I'm unable to restore my db from its backups.